[cduce-users] cygwin toplevel and FLOWR power

Marwan Burelle marwan.burelle at lri.fr
Wed May 10 23:58:39 CEST 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006 23:15:08 +0200
Giuseppe Castagna <Giuseppe.Castagna at ens.fr> wrote:

> Alain Frisch wrote:
> >
> > Currently, there is no descendant axis (// in CDuce). Same for the
> > CQL fragment of CDuce (select...from...where). Would you need them?
> >

> AHEM ....
>
>           CDuce version 0.4.0

> > ;;
>

> :-)

I think Alain was speaking of OcamlDuce, not CDuce ;)

(That's why these mails belongs to ocamlduce ML rather than this one,
it's becoming confusing, I've almost send a RTFM about xquery like
expressions prior to see that the poster talked about ocamlduce ...
pity there's no Followup-To header in smtp ;)

> BTW, I think that we should let the programmer use XPath syntax (I
> mean the precise syntax, not just something similar). If there is any
> volunteer, at least to discuss it ... please show up

hum ... it's a troll but ... I do not like XPath syntax (nor XPath at
all, I see CDuce's pattern far more usefull.)

The most interessant features of XPath are conditionnals (the on in [])
in the path and the possibility to match tag name with string-regexp
(or do I have a bad memory and this is not in XPath ... ? )

But, I'm no volunteer ... you know why (Oh, almigthy director ;), got
more important things to do ...

(my 2cc)

--
Marwan Burelle,