schema parsing errors

Matthias Radestock matthias at sorted.org
Fri Nov 12 09:32:48 CET 2004

I was playing with CDuce's XML Schema support, loading the schema for
the Systems Biology Markup Language Level 2 version 1:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/sbml/specifications/sbml-level-2/version-1/schema/sbml.xsd

Surprisingly, for such a complex schema, CDuce loaded it without any
problems except for the following:

1)
I got an error
   Schema_validator.Schema_facets.Facet_error("minInclusive")
This is caused by the following xsd:restriction:
   <xsd:restriction base="xsd:integer">
     <xsd:minInclusive value="0"/>
     <xsd:maxInclusive value="3"/>
   </xsd:restriction>
Removing the minInclusive element fixed the problem.

I was wondering whether this might be easy to fix, given that CDuce has
no trouble with the maxInclusive declaration, and that, from looking at
the code, it appears that minInclusive is supported. Perhaps there's
just a typo or omission somewhere?

2)
When inspecting the generated types, I noticed that many contained
   <ns1:   FAKE ELT    {| |}>[  ]
What is the significance of these?

Regards,

Matthias.