[cduce-users] incorrect query syntax in manual

Giuseppe Castagna Giuseppe.Castagna at ens.fr
Mon Nov 1 01:16:05 CET 2004

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> The query syntax described in
>   http://www.cduce.org/manual_expressions.html#sel
> does not match the implementation.
>
> Specifically,
>
> * the clauses must be separated by commas, and

Thanks a lot Matthias, I just corrected it

> * the condition is *not* a boolean expression, but some weird SQL-like
> syntax, e.g. "and" instead of "&&". (Why?)

Ops. You just made me discover that you cannot use "and" and "or"
instead of && and || apart from in the where condition of the select ...
and I do not like it. I was expecting "and" and "or" to be two
deprecated forms for '&&' and "||" and see in the user manual (more
precisely in
http://www.cduce.org/manual_expressions.html#comp
)

a sentence in such as:

The infix operators || and && denote respectively the logical or and the
logical and (*or and *and* are equivalent keywords whose usage is
deprecated and should be restricted to *where* clauses of *select*
expressions). The prefix operator not denotes the logical negation.

Cedric, why did you implemented it like that?

B.