[cduce-devel] Schema + namespaces

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at bononia.it
Fri Nov 21 09:34:26 CET 2003

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:04:18AM +0100, Alain.Frisch at ens.fr wrote:
> Just to check: does the XML Schema part interacts well with the
> support for namespaces in CDuce?

Well, I must admit that I don't know a lot of CDuce namespaces details.

Anyway I think type import is not an issue. Each schema type is declared
either with no namespace or in a namepsace, but AFAICT CDuce types are
outside namespaces, right?

Validation can indeed have issues, but it depends on the semantic we
would like to have for it. Validation should check that all the XML data
we are validating is in the same namespace as the corresponding schema
types. But since CDuce types have no namespaces, should I remember
elsewhere the schema namespace of imported types? Not really clean ...

Cheers.

--
^Stefano Zacchiroli -- Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy$
^zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it} -- http://www.bononia.it/zack$