[cduce-devel] preliminary XML Schema documentation

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at bononia.it
Thu Nov 20 23:43:23 CET 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 02:53:42PM +0100, Giuseppe Castagna wrote:
> Excellent work. I just corrected some syntax and typos. Few suggestions:
> - you should add a link to show mails.xsd definition.

No, is not needed. The only time I reference to it is to show how to use
the "schema" keyword. Next I use "Mails # mailType", but to understand
the syntax you have non need to know the schema. Idem for the #env
directive, you just see the "Mails" name in the list of imported schemas

> - you should recall this link when you use for the first time
>   envelopeType (otherwise you cannot understand the example)

Ok, here you're right, I reference some types which aren't described. I
will add the link.

> - add also to mails.xsd new element so that the examples for attributes
>   and elements declaration do not need New schemas Person and Calendar:
>   all the example should be done on Mails # ... (few def as possible)

Person and Calendar don't exists, I invented it just as examples. But
each time I use it I show the correspondent XML Schema fragment. Isn't
it enough?

> Well when we will converge on the module naming convention we should
> adopt all the same conventions for schemas too. I would not want to have
> two different way to denote external components, being it modules or xsd
> files.

Actually it's hard to implement it in other ways. Schemas and modules
are handled very differently. Using the same symbol will cause many
ambiguity problems. Moreover I fill that the sharp simbol is well known
to schema users since is the usual symbol used to reference types inside
a schema document.

Cheers.

--
^Stefano Zacchiroli -- Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy$