[cduce-devel] CTRL-C and CDuce

Alain.Frisch at ens.fr Alain.Frisch at ens.fr
Thu Nov 20 13:45:33 CET 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Hi,
>   I don't particulary like the fact that hitting CTRL-C in the CDuce
> interpreter will kill it. I think we should be coherent on this point on
> OCaml which simply abort the current toplevel phrase execution.
>
> Any objection in changing it to implement such a semantic?
>
> Now, regarding implementation problem. Would it be safe to just catch
> the CTRL-C exception in the main phrase "loop" of CDuce or is possible
> that the CDuce environment got messed up in some way?

Yes, it is possible to mess up. For instance, you cannot interrupt
easily the subtyping algorithm since it proceeds by side effects. In this
case, you can probably implement a clean-up procedure. I can try to give
an exhaustive list of such problems, but in any case there will be a
lot of work to do. Maybe it's not worth.

-- Alain